Displayed at the 2020 NAMM show, these Custom Shop Charvels are a throwback of the mid/late 80’s. Masterbuilt by Red Dave, in Corona California, this very limited San Dimas guitars is done up in true 80’s metal style. With its blue sparkle paint job, maple fretboard, and pointed headstock featuring the classic 80’s Charvel toothpaste logo…what more could a true 80’s rocker want?
These Red Dave Masterbuilt Charvel San Dimas guitars, comes in four dazzling, over-the-top finishes — Burnt Gold Flake, Cobalt Blue Flake, Emerald Green Flake and Smoke Chrome Flake — all capped with chrome hardware and black pointy headstocks featuring Charvel’s old-school toothpaste logo.
These San Dimas models all feature an alder body, bolt-on quartersawn maple neck, 12”-16” compound radius maple fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets and black dot inlays, heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel, Seymour Duncan JB™ TB-4 bridge and Seymour Duncan Classic Strat STK-S1 neck pickups, single volume, three-way toggle switch and 1984 Floyd Rose 37mm bridge.
These guitars are truly like a blast from the past!
- Finish: Emerald Green Sparkle
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Neck: Speed Neck with Rolled Fingerboard Edges
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Urethane
- Scale Length: 25.5″
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 12″-16″ Compound Radius
- Frets: 22 Jumbo
- Nut: Floyd Rose Original Locking
- Nut Width: 1.6875″ (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays: Dots
- Bridge:Floyd Rose Original
- Tuning Machines: Charvel-Branded Die-Cast
- Pickup Rings: Black
- Battery Cavity: No
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan Custom Full Shred SH-10B
- Middle Pickup: None
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan Classic Stack
- Controls: Master Volume
- Pickup Switching: 3 Way Toggle
- Case/Gigbag: Charvel Case