Adam Dutkiewicz & Joel Stroetzel from Killswitch Engage create music that spans from the cleanest of cleans, to aggressive melodic metal. In the studio, they’ve used a wide variety of active and passive equipped guitars. Live, this presents its own set of challenges. Now Adam & Joel have one set of pickups that does it all.
The Killswitch Engage Signature Set packs tremendous versatility into one set of pickups. Voice 1 begins with our Modern recipe, but Joel & Adam prefer a tighter bass for more note definition and screaming midrange and harmonics. In the bridge, Voice 2 contains an extremely unique vintage/medium output hybrid passive tone, equally great for cleans, crunch, and searing leads, while the neck produces a crystal clean, fluid voice. In addition, there are unique single coil voices for each pickup, to nail the perfect modern active “hot” coil split, and vintage passive true single coil tones.
Fluence Signature Series Killswitch Engage Pickup Voicings:
- Voice 1: Like the original Modern Fluence sound, but with tighter bass and reduced output.
- Voice 2: KSE’s holy grail passive pickup tone. Medium output, balanced, versatile.
- Voice 3 (Single Coil): Punchy single coil with glassy top.
Fluence Signature Series Killswitch Engage Pickup Set Includes:
- 1 ceramic pickup (bridge position), 1 alnico pickup (neck or middle position)
- All components required to achieve Adam & Joel’s wiring scheme (minus pickup selector)
- Volume and Tone pots
- Push-pull Voice Selector pot for use in Volume or Tone position
- All wiring required for installation
Fluence Signature Series Killswitch Engage Pickups:
- Are Multi-Voice. Set and forget, or wire-up to toggle between three musically complimentary voices.
- Drop right in and replace standard humbucker pickups.
- Are rechargeable on your guitar. Optional lithium-ion battery pack offers weeks, not hours, of playing time.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Holy hell, in drop A on voice 2 this set sounds sooooo thick through my Engl Savage mk 2 120. The saturation is incredible. You can easily obtain that "As Daylight Dies" vibe.
For years I was an EMG guy- nothing like an active pickup in a high gain, highly saturated amp. Now I understand why EMG is losing ground to Fishman!