The Jackson Custom Shop has turned out world-class custom guitars ranging from the fine to the fantastic ever since the Jackson name was first affixed to a headstock in 1980. The reason for this impressive longevity is simple: Jackson was a custom shop since the very beginning. Every Jackson guitar was an original, high-performing custom instrument.
Whereas some production guitar-makers open their own custom shops after reaching a certain age or level of success, Jackson existed from its early days as nothing but a custom shop, building distinctive and meticulously crafted instruments for a very exacting clientele. No design was too crazy, and no idea too far-fetched—if someone conceived it, Jackson’s talented, imaginative and occasionally demented craftsmen built it. This early emphasis on originality and even outlandish one-off instruments proved enormously influential for Jackson’s most famous and oft-copied body shapes.
It’s a longstanding tradition of U.S.-made greatness and devotion to craftsmanship that flourishes to this day.
This is a pre-order for a new Jackson Custom Shop that is currently on order. Pic above is a computer mock up. Date is an is subject to change as is the figure of the quilt.
- Finish: Acapulco Gold
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Poly
- Neck: Quartersawn Maple Neck-Through-Body with Scarf Joint
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Headstock: In Line Pointy/ Pearl Logo
- Scale Length: 25.5″
- Fingerboard: Ebony/Ivory Binding
- Fingerboard Radius: 12″-16″ Compound Radius
- Frets: 22 Jumbo
- Nut: Floyd Rose Original Locking
- Nut Width: 1.6875″ (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays: Month of Pearl Sharkfin
- Bridge: Floyd Rose Original Locking
- Tuning Machines: Jackson Sealed Die-Cast
- Pickup Rings: Black
- Battery Cavity: No
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan JB
- Middle Pickup: None
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan Jazz
- Controls: 2 Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle
- Accessories: COA