Soldano’s Super Lead Overdrive 100 (SLO-100) set the standard for modern high-gain amplification. It all started in 1987, when Seattle-native Mike Soldano built one of the first high-gain amp heads with searing harmonics and the perfect balance of gain, sustain and tight touch response. Soon after Mike moved to Los Angeles and displayed his revolutionary amp at the 1987 NAMM show. It didn’t take long for the industry to take notice. The now legendary SLO-100 had arrived!
The SLO completely changed what players came to expect from amps. They shelved their old amps and replaced them with this foot-switchable 100-watt monster, loaded with player-friendly features. While the amp’s drive channel found it backing up renowned rock guitarists like Mick Mars (Motley Crue), Warren de Martini (Ratt), and Howard Leese (Heart), its clear and tactile clean channel and bluesy crunch also made the SLO the first choice for non-metal stalwarts, such as Mark Knopfler, Eric Clapton, Warren Haynes, Gary Moore and Lou Reed to name a few. Today, the amp’s tone and steadfast reliability remains a go-to for thousands of guitarists around the world.
The new Soldano Super Lead Overdrive 100 delivers upon the “SLO’s” legendary reputation in both appearance and performance but with the addition of some wildly popular, player-requested features. The SLO-100 continues to be hand-crafted in the United States using only the highest-grade components and is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
- 100-watt all-tube head
- Hand wired in the USA
- Legendary high-gain and clean tones that defined modern rock
- Crystal cleans and harmonically rich crunch tones via the Normal channel’s Bright and Crunch switches
- Thick and incredibly tight drive to distorted tones throughout the Overdrive channel’s range
- Instant switching from Normal to Overdrive channels via the included footswitch or new front-mounted toggle
- Independent Preamp and Master controls
- Global 3-band EQ, Presence and new Depth control
- Improved tube-buffered FX loop
- FX level control optimizes the performance of your effects and offers solo boost functionality
- New effects loop hardwire bypass
- New DC heater circuit dramatically reduces the amp’s noise floor
- New custom transformers improve upon the famous originals
- Variable Slave output offers direct recording, use with IRs, combining amps, and more
- Use your 4, 8, or 16-ohm speaker cabinets thanks to the onboard impedance selector
- Preamp Tubes: Five 12AX7 / ECC83
- Power Tubes: Four 5881 / 6L6
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Dimensions: 25.25” (W) x 9” (D) x 10” (H)
- Weight: 47 pounds
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Imagine the Original SLO with a good FX Loop, less noisy, Depth Mod and better Master Volume.... This is what the new SLO brings to the game!