DUAL CHANNEL ALL-TUBE SYNERGY MODULE
By partnering with such iconic amplifier brand like Engl and the designers as Horst Langer, Synergy is able to offer you these sought after tones in all-tube designs that are perfect for the direct-recording, lower-stage-volume, and compact-guitar-rig demands of today. It’s easy to see why the Synergy preamp module system is taking the industry by storm.
Engl Powerball Preamp Module Features:
- All-tube preamp module custom-designed by Horst Langer and Engl Amplification
- Two channels offer switching between Overdrive and High Gain Distortion
- Blue: Channel 3 Powerball – Gain, Volume, 3-Band EQ, Gain & Mid Boost Switches
- Red: Channel 4 Powerball – Gain, Volume, 3-Band EQ, Gain & Mid Boost Switches
- 2 x 12AX7 preamp tubes ensure rich harmonic performance
- Easy to install and remove from Synergy preamp docks
- Dual/Single switch allows the module to be used with older Egnater and Randall hardware
- Three-position cathode select switch allows you to configure the input tube bias setting for
optimum input gain and bass response
CATHODE SELECT SWITCH:
The POWERBALL module features a three-position switch on the PCB which allows you to configure the input tube bass response to match the original circuit of the selected module. This will affect the feel and tightness. Each amp designer has a specific combination of components that makes up their input tube circuit. We have selected the three most popular combinations which you can access with this switch. The USA voiced modules typically use setting 1 (1.5K resistor and 22uf capacitor). British style modules use position 2 (2.7K resistor and .68uf capacitor). The POWERBALL – same as SOLDANO & VAI module, uses position 3 (1.8K resistor and 1uf capacitor). Of course, you can experiment and try any of the positions to see what you prefer. The modules will come preset to the designers preferred setting which for the POWERBALL module is position 3 (1.8K resistor and 1uf capacitor).
DUAL<>SINGLE SLIDE SWITCH:
The POWERBALL module features a secondary switch allowing the new Synergy modules to be used in older single channel Egnater and Randall modular amps/preamps that do not accept the dual channel modules. This allows access to either of the module channels when that slot is turned on. You will still not be able to switch between the two channels due to the limitations of the older hardware. You can set it so either module channel one or module channel two will turn on when the slot is selected. Set to Dual when using the module in units that have the switching circuit to access both modules. If you are using a single channel only amp/preamp, setting to DUAL will make the bottom module channel active. Set to Single will cause the top channel of the module to come on when selected.
- 2 Preamp channel – Interchangeable design
- Gain, Bass, Mid, Treble, Volume controls
- Two 12AX7 preamp tubes
- Dimensions: 5.5″(L) x 7″(W) x 1.5″(H)
- Weight: 1 lbs.